Are you exposed to increased stress? Constantly tired, powerless ? Don’t sleep as well as before ?
The following applies to the listed symptoms: If they occur once, this is usually not a serious problem. If, however, they persist permanently (approx. longer than 4 weeks) and increasingly occur in combination, then it is high time to change something or to get professional help (e.g. family doctor, alternative practitioner, psychologist) to reduce stress.
Here are our 10 tips for stormy times…
Pay attention to several phases of recovery during the day.
- Learn to consciously activate your parasympathetic nervous system! Learning a relaxation technique is helpful! Whether yoga, mediation, breathing exercises is the right thing for you ? Just try it out! There are many great providers in the region!
- Make sure you get enough sleep (at least 7-8 hours). The amount of sleep depends on the individual needs and varies greatly from person to person.
- Regeneration is successful in the deep sleep phases! A permanent lack of sleep leads to a so-called exhaustion sleep with a reduced regenerative ability of the body. Those affected live, so to speak, on the pump of their own performance reserves, because regeneration is no longer sufficient to compensate for the stresses of the day.
- No alcohol before going to bed. Alcohol has a dampening and relaxing effect, but it reduces the organism’s ability to regenerate, which again leads to insufficient recovery during sleep. This means additional stress for your cells!
- Moderate exercise is now good for you!
- Eat fresh, nutritious, vitamin- and nutrient-rich food regularly. Do without finished products! – This will put an additional strain on our body.
- Regularity – Keep your eating and sleeping times as regular as possible. Through regularity you signal to your body “I am not on the run – I can relax”.
- Drink enough water and herbal teas instead of coffee! (Tip: Do without sugar! You will see, after a short time you will have more energy!)
If your symptoms do not improve within 3 weeks, contact your doctor. Organic diseases or a lack of micronutrients could also be the cause of your complaints!
Reduce stress professionally
It is best to clarify by a detailed anamnesis what the cause for the permanent stress load is. If it is suspected that the stress symptoms are caused by a high stress load or are promoted, relaxation therapy can help.
An accompanying relaxation coaching or stress training is a valuable help to get back into balance and to build up stress competence. Patients learn an individually tailored strategy to reduce stress and prevent permanent stress.